Tuesday, September 11, 2007

2 Days to go....

Only two days left before I depart these fair lands for pastures new! I'm feeling surprisingly calm after a few weeks of being constantly petrified but now that my accommodation is sorted a feel much, MUCH better! :D

At last the packing has started... hurrah! Trying my hardest to be strict with myself when it comes down to things I reaaaaaaalllly need to take with me. You never know when you might need a pair of bright pink wellies, or a black and white greenpeace scarf or a fairy outfit!

Luckily, my parents bought me a huge suitcase at the weekend. If everything falls though regarding my accommodation, I can just live in my suitcase! It would be fab! Almost as cool as living in a tent on West Sands in St Andrews! :) Actually, I really hope it'll never come to that. I think I'd have a meltdown if my accommodation was messed up and I actually have no where to live. :S

It's very reassuring knowing that a lot of my friends are going through exactly the same thing right now. When people who aren't going away ask how you are feeling, you try to put on a brave face and everything but deep down (and any other year abroad students will agree with me here...!) my insides are turning and my heart needs to settle and stop panicking or else I might not make it till Friday! :)

Anyhoo's... hope I remember everything! Wish me luck! :D

x

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

Hi Alice, nice to spot a fello year abroad blogger...i'll be linking mine with my Facebook account pretty soon, so you'll spot when it pops up. Have fun! Also - 3 days! Wow!

Eleanor

Anonymous said...

It will be really cool if you keep this up! I'm sure you'll be absolutely wonderful and the year will fly by!

Looking forward to informing the freshers of all your embarrassing moments!

Keep it korf and keep in touch!

Much love and prayers,
Mikeyboy

Pretty hellish Degree! said...

Roomie!!

You kept this fabulous little idea quiet!

Can't wait to hear from you and how you've got on.

Thinking of you mucho,

San Francisco xxx